Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by 吴国泉wgq <wg...@qunar.com> on 2016/02/19 08:41:56 UTC

How to config the size of one Region?

hi all:
       I wonder if I increase  the size  of the  Region, will it make bad effect on  the latency of the read operateion?
       The default size of the region is 10G  I saw from the official guide.
       I configured 100G per region on my cluster.
       Because  my Regionserver  Hardware parameters is :
             RAM: 128G
             CPU:  24 core
             Disk:   3T * 10    total:30T
        Regionserver disk capacity is 30T, if I use the default configuration(10G per region), this will result too many regions(about 30T/3/10G=1000) on one region server.

        But when I retrieve the 100G storefile, it will take a longer time(about 50ms,sometimes 100ms+) to return the result than a storefile which is 200M(below 10ms) dose.

        I wonder to know  whether is the size of the region result in the difference?

        If 100G is too big for a region, which size will be suitful for my region server?

吴国泉   wgq.wu
Post: DBA  Hbase
Email: wgq.wu@qunar.com<http://qunar.com>
Tel: 13051697997