Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2022/07/10 20:51:20 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Vote on Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Hi All,

Checking the signature on the windows binaries I get Matthias's
signature and not Jim's (the Release Manager).
The policy states [1] :
"All supplied packages MUST be cryptographically signed by the Release
Manager with a detached signature."

I understand the logistics and that Matthias built the Windows binaries
and signed them.
Maybe we could consider Matthias Co-Release manager for this purpose ?

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-signing

Best regards,
Carl

Re: [Discuss] Vote on Release AOO 4.1.13-RC1 as GA

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
This has been the case for years. Recall that the binary builds are community convenience packages.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Carl,

Am 10.07.22 um 22:56 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> On 7/10/22 4:51 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Checking the signature on the windows binaries I get Matthias's
>> signature and not Jim's (the Release Manager).
>> The policy states [1] :
>> "All supplied packages MUST be cryptographically signed by the
>> Release Manager with a detached signature."
>>
>> I understand the logistics and that Matthias built the Windows
>> binaries and signed them.
>> Maybe we could consider Matthias Co-Release manager for this purpose ?
>>
>> [1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-signing
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Carl
>>
> Or is it because these are convenience binaries it's different than
> the source "official" release?

I am not sure, but I provide the signed Windows binaries for some years
now...

In that way, I always was a Co-Release manager. ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.