Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by suresh m <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/28 10:13:01 UTC

cube building with huge memory, for 5000 records 2.3GB

Hi,

My kylin cube taking huge memory just for few records. Even i changed
compression property as Snappy but still occupying huge memory.

Attaching screenshot for your reference.

Suggestions are welcome to reduce cube size.

Regards,
Suresh

Re: cube building with huge memory, for 5000 records 2.3GB

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
You need check your Hadoop configuration; Kylin uses your default
configuration to request resource from Yarn; If you observed it uses huge
mount of mem, it may indicate the configuration is incorrect or the cube
design got problem.

Without detail information we couldn't judge what's wrong in your side.
Suggest you do more investigation. Usually the dimension in a cube should
be controlled < 15; if beyond that you need divide them into multiple
aggregation groups.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋