Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Steve Brown <st...@sprintmail.com> on 2004/01/23 20:10:26 UTC

Virtual Server with Apache ASP

Can anyone recommend a virtual server web hosting company with Apache ASP
already installed for $15-$20 per month?   I'm about to give up on
globalservers.com.

Steve Brown

Re: Virtual Server with Apache ASP

Posted by Stuart Johnston <sj...@vaultranet.com>.

http://www.apache-asp.org/support.html
http://perl.apache.org/help/isps.html

Re: Virtual Server with Apache ASP

Posted by Philip Mak <pm...@aaanime.net>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:10:26PM -0600, Steve Brown wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a virtual server web hosting company with
> Apache ASP already installed for $15-$20 per month?   I'm about to
> give up on globalservers.com.

I would note that good mod_perl host that gives you your own httpd
would work even if they don't have Apache::ASP installed, as long as
you know how to install Apache::ASP in your home directory and
configure your httpd to use it.

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Steve Brown wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a virtual server web hosting company with Apache
> ASP already installed for $15-$20 per month?   I’m about to give up on
> globalservers.com.

Consider also that if finding a good mod_perl host does not work out,
you can also run Apache::ASP in CGI mode at a hosting company that
supports that.  Its really a lot slower, but it might due with
how fast CPUs are these days.

Regards,

Josh