Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Alexandr Porunov <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/23 18:40:33 UTC

Does jclouds support SLO for OpenStack Swift?

Hello,

To merge several objects into one we have to send a JSON file into the
Swift with the quary parameter "multipart-manifest=put".
Is it possible to add one more query parameters when we create an object
with the jclouds?

Sincerely,
Alexandr

Re: Does jclouds support SLO for OpenStack Swift?

Posted by Zack Shoylev <za...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
We already support multipart uploads for Swift.

Just set the multipart property to true, and the blob will be broken apart, uploaded in parallel, and the manifest will be created automatically.

You will have to try the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT version for the parallel upload.

There is some example code here: https://github.com/rackerlabs/jclouds-examples/blob/master/rackspace/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/rackspace/cloudfiles/UploadLargeObject.java

There is also a PR for the examples that will be merged after we release 2.0, specifically for the new parallel code in 2.0: https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/89?