Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by bowen zhang <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/08/26 23:24:16 UTC

db upgrade in 4.1 release

Hi guys,
If I recall correctly, we don't generally have DB upgrade within a major version of oozie. Can anyone from yahoo explain why [OOZIE-1548] OozieDBCLI changes to convert clob to blob and remove the discriminator column - ASF JIRA is so important? do we really need this for 4.1? And Robert's [OOZIE-1674] DB upgrade from 3.3.0 to trunk fails on postgres - ASF JIRA fixed the postgres upgrade issue but we are still missing sqlserver upgrade option.
Thanks,
Bowen

[OOZIE-1548] OozieDBCLI changes to convert clob to blob and remove the discriminator column - A...
For oracle and derby, convert from clob to blob For postgres, convert from text to bytea For mysql, convert from text/mediumtext to mediumblob
View on issues.apache.org Preview by Yahoo

[OOZIE-1674] DB upgrade from 3.3.0 to trunk fails on postgres - ASF JIRA
[oozie@localhost ~]$ oozie-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/ooziedb.sh upgrade -run setting CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xmx1024m" Validate DB Connection
DONE
Check DB schema exists
DONE
Verify there are not active Workflow Jobs
DONE
Check OOZIE_SYS table does no...
View on issues.apache.org Preview by Yahoo

Re: db upgrade in 4.1 release

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Converting clob to blob was so that we could do compression, IIRC.  There
were a few JIRAs for fixing db upgrade issues; besides the postgres one, I
think there was a Derby one too.  We should make sure to get all of these.
 We (Cloudera) don't use sqlserver, so we haven't tested it, so I haven't
filed any JIRAs on it.

One thing that's a bit confusing in the OozieDBCLI code is that in variable
and method names, we refer to Oozie versions, including Oozie 5 as the next
database version.  It might be a good to rename these to the database
versions instead and keep a list of which db version corresponds to which
Oozie version?

Re: db upgrade in 4.1 release

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.