Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2003/07/24 20:44:35 UTC

config.nice should be installed

It would be a big help to our users if config.nice was installed by a make
install.  This would make upgrades between minor versions much easier and
would be a good answer to the frequent question "How can I figure out what
options were used to compile apache."

Of course, smart people keep their source tree around; but we know not
everybody is smart.

Joshua.

Re: config.nice should be installed

Posted by jonathan soong <jo...@imvs.sa.gov.au>.
i agree with this!
(being one of the non smart ppl :) )

Posted by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
>> > $prefix/build sounds more naturally to me.
>>
>> +1.
>>
> +1
> -Thom

+1

Kess

Re: config.nice should be installed

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Sander Striker (striker@apache.org) wrote :
> [...]
+1
-Thom

> >> This is a really good idea. +1
> >
> > I like this too. +1
>
> +1 here as well.
>
> > Where should it be installed? $prefix/lib maybe?
>
> $prefix/build sounds more naturally to me.

+1.

Sander

Re: config.nice should be installed

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 01:31  PM, Astrid Keßler wrote:
>
>>> It would be a big help to our users if config.nice was installed by a
>>> make
>>> install.
>>
>> This is a really good idea. +1
>
> I like this too. +1

+1 here as well.

> Where should it be installed? $prefix/lib maybe?

$prefix/build sounds more naturally to me.

nd

Re: config.nice should be installed

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:57:26PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Where should it be installed? $prefix/lib maybe?

How about $prefix/conf?

vh

Mads Toftum

Re: config.nice should be installed

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 01:31  PM, Astrid Keßler wrote:

>> It would be a big help to our users if config.nice was installed by a
>> make
>> install.
>
> This is a really good idea. +1

I like this too. +1

Where should it be installed? $prefix/lib maybe?

-aaron

Re: config.nice should be installed

Posted by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
> It would be a big help to our users if config.nice was installed by a make
> install.

This is a really good idea. +1

Kess