Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 11:38:19 UTC

AutoCompleteTextField - Event onSelect?!

Hi,

iam using AutoCompleteTextField the first time, and it works very well for
me in basics.

But iam a little disappointed that there is no Method to get recognized
which Item a User have been chosen.

I imageing something like the dropDown Box onChange.

My task is it to change a bunch of ther textFields by the user choice of a
"Model" from the AutoCompleter...

any Ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Re: AutoCompleteTextField - Event onSelect?!

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Have you checked getOnSelectJavascriptExpression method in
AbstractAutoCompleteRenderer class ?
I use that to call javascript function on user selection.

HTH
Bilgin Ibryam

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.
 I've implemented this here:

https://github.com/karussell/Jetwick/tree/master/src/main/java/de/jetwick/ui/util

-> adapted wicket-autocomplete.js + MyAutoComplete*.java (via sv paramter)

try this at jetwick.com type 'andro' and now a selection e.g. 'android'
should trigger a search ...

http://jetwick.com open twitter search

Re: AutoCompleteTextField - Event onSelect?!

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
If your text field is inside an form, you can add
an AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior to it.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM, MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> iam using AutoCompleteTextField the first time, and it works very well for
> me in basics.
>
> But iam a little disappointed that there is no Method to get recognized
> which Item a User have been chosen.
>
> I imageing something like the dropDown Box onChange.
>

> My task is it to change a bunch of ther textFields by the user choice of a
> "Model" from the AutoCompleter...
>
> any Ideas?
>

> Thanks a lot!

Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos

Re: AutoCompleteTextField - Event onSelect?!

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi,

on 4 January Tom Burton (tom.burton@alaska.gov) posted a message here
with a modify version of AutoCompleteTextField which introduces
onSelected event. I didn't have time yet to check his code but a think I
will attach it to a JIRA ticket in the next days.

Bye.