Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/28 21:42:32 UTC

gcInactiveDestinations

gcInactiveDestinations is defined as delete inactive destinations that are
empty. An empty destination is not the only criteria under which I want a
destination to be deleted.

Is there a setting, or combination of settings, that will automatically
delete a destination that's not empty but has not been written to or read
from in a certain period?

The only way I can see to do that is via the web console.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: gcInactiveDestinations

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Either give the messages an expiration time or write something to drain the
destinations according to your own business logic. Then
gcInactiveDestinations doesn't need to care about your specific use-case.