Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2013/03/29 20:16:10 UTC

Status of HADOOP-7020?

Reviewing a number of trademark questions and third party uses of Hadoop
out there recently, it seems like it would be notably easier to police
uses of our beloved elephant logo if there were a specific, authorized
*version* of the logo to serve as a "Powered By" indicator.

In that case, third party uses of the official Hadoop elephant would be
simpler to review, because it *should* mean very specifically actual
code from an Apache Hadoop download.  Uses of the Powered By Hadoop
elephant would be allowed in much broader contexts, so we would have a
much easier time reviewing third party uses of that logo (i.e., do they
actually incorporate some Hadoop code with their thing).

Just sayin', we could do a better job of making it easier for third
parties to respect our brand if we provided this kind of thing.

- Shane

P.S. Personally I thought the elephant head with the blue hard hat would
be excellent, although that's for the PMC to choose.

Re: Re: Status of HADOOP-7020?

Posted by xihuyu2000 <xi...@126.com>.

xihuyu2000

From: Robert Evans
Date: 2013-04-02 23:54
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
CC: Apache Brand Management
Subject: Re: Status of HADOOP-7020?
I am fine with that idea.  Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

--Bobby

Re: Status of HADOOP-7020?

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.