Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/17 07:09:46 UTC

Move examples to website?

Hi all,

I have updated the examples and thought they would fit better in our
site than in our app directory. Here are my reasons:

- any sourcecode in the sourcecode folders should be tested, examples aren't
- examples on the homepage are probably the first thing users want to see
- examples in the sourcefolder are ok, but first you read the homepage
- one can copy/paste them from there too
- examples do not always run out of the box (for example server.php
which needs Net_Pear stuff). This may look a bit unprofessional if one
is trying out
- examples are very similar to each other. Just property files are different

What do you think?

Best,
Christian

Re: Move examples to website?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,
sorry for my late reply. Your mail went under the wave of other mails.

Please see: ci.apache.org/projects/log4php
I have started to write user documentation. You may want to add /
correct something here,
since I think that your english is better than mine :-)

Additionally, I would appreciate good phpdoc class documentation too.
Can you help out?

If the examples would go directly to the class level doc and are in
the user docs of the website,
i think this would be good enough.
However, I like the idea of generating "something" :-)

Patches welcome!
best,
Christian

Re: Move examples to website?