Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Pranavan Theivendiram <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2016/05/04 04:50:04 UTC

[Dev]Zookeeper Server Start up error

Hi All,

I am getting the following error in server start up.

*ZooKeeper JMX enabled by default*
*Using config: /home/pranavan/2K16/zookeeper-3.4.8/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg*
*mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/zookeeper’: Permission denied*
*Starting zookeeper ... ./zkServer.sh: line 149:
/home/zookeeper/zookeeper_server.pid: No such file or directory*
*FAILED TO WRITE PID*

I started with root privileges. I did not have any problems. The server is
starting up properly.

The proposed solution in stackoverflow is as follows.

Link -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19295978/failed-to-write-pid-installing-zookeeper

Even that solution is not working for me.

Can you please provide a method to start the server without user privileges?

Thanks

*T. Pranavan*
*Junior Consultant | Department of Computer Science & Engineering
,University of Moratuwa*
*Mobile| *0775136836

Re: [Dev]Zookeeper Server Start up error

Posted by Pranavan Theivendiram <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Thanks Flavio. I fixed it

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pranavan Theivendiram <pr...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.