Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Goel, Ankur" <An...@corp.aol.com> on 2007/12/14 12:33:36 UTC

New to Hadoop

Hi All,
         My name is Ankur and I am new to Hadoop user
and developer community.  I have recently acquainted
Myself with the Map/Reduce programming paradigm and
Hadoop as a platform for performing Map/Reduce computations
on large amounts of data.

As a part of my medium and long term plans I intent to
continuously use hadoop for executing my Map/Reduce jobs
as well as make active contributions to Hadoop in the form
of patches for existing bugs/features/enhancements that
exist is Hadoop JIRA.

Any recommendations/pointers for the right way of making
contributions thus would greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
-Ankur

Re: New to Hadoop

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Dec 14, 2007, at 3:33 AM, Goel, Ankur wrote:

> As a part of my medium and long term plans I intent to
> continuously use hadoop for executing my Map/Reduce jobs
> as well as make active contributions to Hadoop in the form
> of patches for existing bugs/features/enhancements that
> exist is Hadoop JIRA.

wonderful! welcome to the community

> Any recommendations/pointers for the right way of making
> contributions thus would greatly appreciated.

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/HowToContribute

is a good place to start.

-- Owen