Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Smith <mj...@cursci.co.uk> on 1996/09/30 15:53:51 UTC

Unpredictable results from mod_rewrite (2.3.2)

I am having some bizarre effects from mod_rewrite.  I have the following
htaccess file (duplicated exactly)

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html3 htm
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   cmb.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=cmb
RewriteRule   cub.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=cub
RewriteRule   bio.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=bio
RewriteRule   cel.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=cel
RewriteRule   gen.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=gen
RewriteRule   imm.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=imm
RewriteRule   nrb.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=nrb
RewriteRule   stb.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=stb
RewriteRule   mms.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=mms
RewriteRule   str.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=str
RewriteRule   fad.htm /fcgi-bin/up/udisplay.fpl?action=fad

The problem is that when I access index.html via this sort of request:

http://server.com/dir/

I sometimes (don't you hate it when it is only sometimes) have one of
the pages specifies by a rewrite (can be one of a number).  Can anybody
tell me why this might be?

Mike