Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/04/29 19:42:32 UTC

Project Manager

Hi Hans,

I may be interested by using the new project manager (actually a client of mine)
I found these explanations http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/OFBiz+in+a+service+and+project+oriented+company very instructive
What about these pages
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Complete+the+implementation+of+the+ProjectMgr+component.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Project+Manager (and related pages)
are they still usable as is ? Should be not group all these informations ?

Thanks

Re: Project Manager

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Hans,

Thanks, yes grouping them is maybe not the good solution, but relating them would be good.
After all we have hyperlinks at hand, and we know it's more powerful than books (a degree more)
Like every powerful/sophisticated tool, it's more sensitive also. So it's easier to use a simple TOC than to think about how to well
organising a documentation using not only TOC but also hyperlinks.
It looks to me that the OFBiz doc is just between these to strategies right now.

The 2 faces of coins...

Jacques
PS : I found something new in your pages (for instance http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/ZxQ ) : ...> this looks like a breadcrumb embedded in
text. Did you do something special for that (I see it near the title when editing the page) of does it come with the new styling
done by Ryan and colleagues ? And then how is it used, introduced ? Very mysterious :D

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>