Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by am...@sansuisoftware.com on 2002/07/05 14:26:13 UTC

Searching all words by default

Hi

Is there a way to tell lucene to search all the words given to it by default (something like what google does).
What part of lucene's code will have to be modified if something like this is to be done .

Thanks & Regards,
-Amit.
Sun Certified Programmer for Java2 Platform
Sansui Software Pvt. Ltd.
Pune , India
Ph : (O) 020 - 6630501/2
Ph : (R) 020 - 5454309

Re: Searching all words by default

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I assume you are talking about using QueryParser.
One person has already contributed some code, and as soon as I get a
new version of the patch I will apply it, and you will be able to
download a nightly build that has this functionality.

If you want to modify things yourself, QueryParser.jj is the file that
would need to be modified.

Otis

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
I think what you are looking to do it change the default boolean operator to
be AND.

If you look in the archives, there should be something on this. It is a
change in the QueryParser code which is in JavaCC.

Maybe someone else has the actual link.

--Peter