Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/09/03 09:08:48 UTC

Re: Moving site to svnpub

So that's fast to deploy web sites now.
But the main issue when you want to update main site is to
checkout/update the full content locally (including docs subsites
redback etc...) : OUCH !
I wonder about using a mix solution as we try in maven. The main site
will deployed using a kind of cms (a buildbot job do mvn site and then
publish the site: we need only to go to cms and click on publish).

WDYT ?

Re: Moving site to svnpub

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/9/3 Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>:
> Hi,
>
>  your mix approach seems lighter for us.
> Does the current process means if we update site-content and change and
> commit there it may be published with no match from the modules site
> sources?
no it will match :-)
For only root site, a build bot agent will run mvn site and commit the
generated content.
The only change (as opposite current situation) is to have to go to
cms and click on publish button to commit the staged site (note we
will have access to a staged/preview site)

Makes sense ?

RE: Moving site to svnpub