Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 08:37:20 UTC

Web analyzer for Tomcat

Hi All

Just like webalizer for apache php project what is the web analyzer
available for tomcat?Can any one please let me know better user guide for
configuring webalizer on tomcat?or some other web analyzer for tomcat?

Thanks and Regards
Kanchana

Re: Web analyzer for Tomcat

Posted by Lyallex <ly...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I don't think webalizer is 'for' apache httpd, rather it will analyse
logs written in Common Logfile Format (and others). It doesn't matter
what he server is.
If you use the AccessLogValve to write your access logs then webalizer
seems to read these well. I'm a raw beginner with webalizer. I made
the mistake of not setting rotatable to false in the valve config and
couldn't figure out why I was only seeing one days worth of hits ...
duh!

Anyway, I think you should be able to figure out what is going on if
you use the docs at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html
also, reading the comments in sample.conf helped a lot.

I've been looking for a 'better' analysis tool for three days now and
haven't really found anything that touches webalizer (not for 'free'
anyway). If you find something better I'd love to know

Good Luck
Duncan