Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> on 2011/10/23 08:00:54 UTC

[T5.3-beta-26] html 5 doctype - does it work?

I am trying to do some HTML5 on my web site.

Here is what I see in the browser (Safari) output:
!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>

I don't think that's correct, is it?

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Can't the 'original' doctype be saved in the request object and then restored
default markup writer?  Seems like that would be a good default behavior
that preserves the original object's doctype.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry