Posted to user@curator.apache.org by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org> on 2018/11/13 13:40:38 UTC

Curator Testing Framework 2.12.0 with Zookeeper 3.4.11+

While looking at upgrading Apache Knox Zookeeper dependency to 3.4.13 from
3.4.10 (KNOX-1599), I found that there were some Zookeeper test framework
changes as part of ZOOKEEPER-2355. We are using Curator 4.0.1 and
curator-test 2.12.0 based on the ZK compatibility page. During testing,
there is a NPE due to getQuorumPeer() returning null in
TestingQuorumPeerMain.

Has anyone else run into this? It looks like it is due to assumptions in
the test framework changing with ZOOKEEPER-2355. Is curator-test 2.12.0
still maintained enough to take a patch/PR? I couldn't find the branch for
2.12.0 (only the tag).

Kevin Risden

Re: Curator Testing Framework 2.12.0 with Zookeeper 3.4.11+

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
And right after I sent this I see this might have been fixed for Curator
4.0.0 with Zookeeper 3.5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-409
Seems to be an open question about curator-test 2.12.0 and releasing a
2.13.0.

Kevin Risden