Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sh...@india.infogain.com on 2001/11/09 15:54:27 UTC

SOAP adapter design

Hi All,

I am working on a SOAP adapter which needs to perform following two
functions.

1. Gets a XML (in a fixed format) message from local file, transform this
XML message to be packaged as part of SOAP message.
2. this is reverse of above, that is, get any SOAP request and extract the
Non SOAP information, make an xml of it and save in file.

the fixed XML of 1 and 2 have some format like this.
<struct name="some RPC method name">
    <field name="simple param1" type="basic type1">value</field>
    <struct name="complex param2">
        <field name="simple param x" type="basic type2">value</field>
        <field name="simple param y" type="basic type3">value</field>
    </struct>
</struct>

Assuming that number of field and struct tags in top most struct tag are
valriable.
What all needs to be taken care while forming SOAP message and similarly
while doing the reverse. I feel encoding will be crucial for 1 and 2.

I feel in part 2 I would need to receive SOAP message in some servlet of
mine instead of relying on RPCRouter or MessageRouter servlet.
In part 1 I feel it would be better to use XSLT directly instead of using
SOAP API to form SOAP message.

Any input on which can help in design will be welcome.

Thanks
Shashi Anand