Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Jer_57 (Cox)" <je...@cox.net> on 2005/02/04 21:09:16 UTC

jMeter and Tapestry application

Just a quick question for all those using jmeter.  Has anyone used
jmeter to test a jakarta Tapestry application?  If so, what types of
problems have you run into?  The developers I work with are talking
about switching from struts to tapestry and I am wondering what the
impact is on using jmeter.

--
Windows has detected that your mouse has moved, please wait while
Windows reboots for your changes to take effect.

Re: jMeter and Tapestry application

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I'm guessing Tapestry writes the request parameter into a URL in a
fashion other than the old standard of

 url?name=value&name=value&name=value.

Maybe something like
url/name/value/name/value/name/value or some such?

If that's the case, you can still work with the function syntax to
create your urls:

url/name/${value1}/name/${value2}/name/${value3)

And then you'll have to define those parameters elsewhere in the test
plan, as normal.

It's not as handy as the argument table, but should still be possible.

If this is the case, you might also write up a feature request to have
JMeter form urls in this alternate fashions from the argument table
parameters.

As usual, hoping I made some sense...

-Mike

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 15:14, Jer_57 (Cox) wrote:
> It's my understanding (and I haven't verified this yet) that tapestry
> uses dynamic URLs.  jmeter normally works with static URLs by default?
>
> jer
>
> Peter Lin wrote:
> > it's just a HTTP request right, so there shouldn't be any problems,
> > unless tapestry uses applets.  I don' t know tapestry, so you'll have
> > to just try it out.
> >
> > peter
> >

> > On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:09:16 -0700, Jer_57 (Cox) <je...@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Just a quick question for all those using jmeter.  Has anyone used
> >>jmeter to test a jakarta Tapestry application?  If so, what types of
> >>problems have you run into?  The developers I work with are talking
> >>about switching from struts to tapestry and I am wondering what the
> >>impact is on using jmeter.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Windows has detected that your mouse has moved, please wait while
> >>Windows reboots for your changes to take effect.
> >>
> >>This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation

Re: jMeter and Tapestry application

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
oh, then there might be a problem :)

if the URL's are dynamic, it means you would have to write the test
plan so that it parses the response for the correct request parameters
for the subsequent request.

peter

Posted by "Jer_57 (Cox)" <je...@cox.net>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.