Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/15 10:35:08 UTC

Jazz Scm Provider

Hi All.

I'm working on the maven-scm-provider-jazz implementation for the Jazz SCM
Platform and also by entension, IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).

I have been given the original IBM code, and have been authority to work on
it and contribute it back to the apache project.

I have my CLA on record with Apache - so if there is anything else that I
need, then please let me know.

I am working the 1.7-SNAPSHOT basis, and I've grafted my code into that.

So it's my intention to raise an issue and submit a patch to fix it. Is
that the best way, for a non-commiter like me to do this?

I'd like to put some images in the generated site. Is that ok? It can be
done, but it does not appear to be done often (or possibly at all). Is it
ok to include relevant images in the site documentation?

I've got it working well enough to be able to use it with the release
plugin/manager.

I just need to add the extra scm functions, add, edit, diff, branch (will
probably not be implented) etc.

I will however, also need to add a single file JazzScmTranslator to the
release manager project as well, so that the poms are rewritten at the
release:prepare stage.

Which brings a design question to mind: To release the jazz code and have
it work with the release plugin, I will have to:

1. Submit the jazz code, get it incoroporated.
2. Have the maven-scm projects release (1.7)
3. Submit the JazzScmTranslator, get it incorporated.
4. Have the maven-release-plugin/manager released (2.2.3).

This would have to happen if any new scm providers (that require URL
rewrites) are introduced. Granted, this is not a common occurance, but
wouldn't it be better for an extra interface be moved to the scm api have
have the release manger use it? That would break some of the dependencies.

Happy to hear your thoughts.

-Chris

Re: Jazz Scm Provider

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.
Works for me! and makes perfect sense.

-Chris

Re: Jazz Scm Provider

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

Re: Jazz Scm Provider

Re: Jazz Scm Provider

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Your welcome Chris!

Actually anyone is welcome - but if the questions also come with some code donation it's even more welcome :)

Feel free to ping us if you need a review or help with the SCM-TCK integration as well!

LieGrue,
strub

Re: Jazz Scm Provider

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.