Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Dunn <ro...@insfin.com> on 2002/08/16 06:16:32 UTC

Post 4.1.8 install

Only recently joined the list and was unsure whether anyone saw my orginal
message. I installed the latest version of Tomcat 4.1.8 (on a WinXP
machine), and after it installed I went to http://localhost:8080/ and it
came up with the error:

HTTP Status 500 -

----

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:4
77)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:1
82)

Root Cause

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Modern compiler not found - looking for classic compiler

RE: Post 4.1.8 install

Posted by Robert Dunn <ro...@insfin.com>.
Hi Jake,

I installed version 1.3.1, JDK (J2EE). I added the JDK_HOME environment
variable and added the path to the "PATH" environment variable. Still same
problem - did a reboot - to make sure all changes were applied.

Any other ideas. Thanks for your help.

ah, did you install the JDK (if so, which version?) and provide the
%JDK_HOME% system variable?  Also, if you did this, did you add
JDK_HOME/bin to the beginning of your system PATH variable?

Jake

Re: Post 4.1.8 install

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.