Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clifford Bryant <CB...@edgewater.com> on 2007/10/15 20:43:17 UTC

CAS Clustering Not Working

Hi,

I followed the instructions in the CAS clustering link.
(http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/Clustering+CAS)  The multicast
ping is working.  But, the CAS clustering is not working.  If I shut
down the first server, and browse to the second server, then I am
prompted to login again to the second server.

This is the log from Catalina.out.

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster start

INFO: Cluster is about to start

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter start

INFO: Start ClusterSender at cluster
Catalina:type=Cluster,host=localhost with name
Catalina:type=ClusterSender,host=localhost

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastServiceImpl setupSocket

INFO: Setting cluster mcast TTL to 1

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService
start

INFO: Sleeping for 2000 milliseconds to establish cluster membership

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:26 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService
registerMBean

INFO: membership mbean registered
(Catalina:type=ClusterMembership,host=localhost)

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:29 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager start

INFO: Register manager /cas to cluster element Host with name localhost

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:29 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager start

INFO: Starting clustering manager at /cas

Oct 15, 2007 12:44:29 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAllClusterSessions

INFO: Manager [/cas]: skipping state transfer. No members active in
cluster group.

2007-10-15 12:44:32,075 INFO [org.jasig.cas.util.JBossCacheFactoryBean]
- <Starting TreeCache service.>

GMS: address is 127.0.0.1:32789

Cliff Bryant

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure by applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify Edgewater Technology by telephone at (781) 246-3343 and delete the communication from all e-mail files.

RE: CAS Clustering Not Working

Posted by Clifford Bryant <CB...@edgewater.com>.
I set the tcpListenAddress to the server IP address, and it is working
now.  Yay!

Clifford Bryant wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I followed the instructions in the CAS clustering link.
> (http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/Clustering+CAS)  The
multicast
> ping is working.  But, the CAS clustering is not working.  If I shut
> down the first server, and browse to the second server, then I am
> prompted to login again to the second server.
>

> This is the log from Catalina.out.
>

> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster start
>
> INFO: Cluster is about to start
>
> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter start
>
> INFO: Start ClusterSender at cluster
> Catalina:type=Cluster,host=localhost with name
> Catalina:type=ClusterSender,host=localhost
>
> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastServiceImpl setupSocket
>
> INFO: Setting cluster mcast TTL to 1
>
> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:24 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService
> start
>
> INFO: Sleeping for 2000 milliseconds to establish cluster membership
>
> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:26 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService
> registerMBean
>
> INFO: membership mbean registered
> (Catalina:type=ClusterMembership,host=localhost)
>
> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:29 PM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager start
>
> INFO: Register manager /cas to cluster element Host with name
localhost

> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:29 PM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager start
>
> INFO: Starting clustering manager at /cas
>
> Oct 15, 2007 12:44:29 PM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAllClusterSessions
>
> INFO: Manager [/cas]: skipping state transfer. No members active in
> cluster group.
>
> 2007-10-15 12:44:32,075 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.util.JBossCacheFactoryBean]
> - <Starting TreeCache service.>

> GMS: address is 127.0.0.1:32789
>

> Cliff Bryant
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed.  This communication may contain information that is protected
from disclosure by applicable law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this
communication to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you
believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify Edgewater Technology by telephone at (781) 246-3343 and delete
the communication from all e-mail files.

10/14/2007 9:22 AM

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.