Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Cindy Xing <li...@huawei.com> on 2019/01/15 00:17:56 UTC

MVCC and continuous query

As per https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/multiversion-concurrency-control,
continuous query can be done against ignite with mvcc enabled
(transactional_snapshot). However, on the same page, it also mentioned that
events is not supported with MVCC.

I am wondering what mechanism continuous query uses. Is it event? If so, it
seems conflicting to me.

Thanks
Cindy

Re: MVCC and continuous query

Posted by Roman Kondakov <ko...@mail.ru>.
Hi Cindy!

I think continuous query is your choice in this case.

Several examples of using it can be found here:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/continuous-queries

https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/datagrid

--
Kind Regards
Roman Kondakov

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It's hard to say, maybe you need IgniteQueue if you want to have a pure
pub/sub?

Otherwise it's not obvious why you aren't content with Continuous Query
here.

Please clarify what do you mean by 'client API'. Ignite has a lot of APIs
and it's not obvious which is the one you mean here.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Continuous Query is not event.

We have three separate mechanisms with similar function: events, cache
store, continuous query. It is possible that some supported and some aren't.

Regards.
--
Ilya Kasnacheev