Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/01 02:02:43 UTC

Re: INVALID_MSGID hitting improperly?

> | If a rule doesn't FP for you, then you can set it to 20.
>
> Sure, you *can*, but why would you want to score a single rule at 20?
> Especially one like this which, as we've just seen, can produce FP's.

Well, as an example I have a couple of rules that *can* (and for others,
outright *would*) FP, scored at 10.  They make my spam scores nice and high,
and I will be **VERY** surprised if I ever get an FP on one of them.  One of
these rules simply checks for 8 or more recipients on the same domain as I
am.  From my POV, the chances of me getting a valid non-spam that is copied
to 8 other people on eathlink explicitly is zero.  I don't *know* 8 other
people on earthlink!

Of course, if I ever do get an FP, I'll lower the score.  Until then though,
it gives me pleasure to watch all those spams trying for 100+ points each...

        Loren