Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2013/09/08 15:07:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Hi,

Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/

The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/

Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks,

The Maven Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Let's continue with the vote, the binaries are still good. I will send another message with a new email template for posterity.

On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>
> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>
> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Maven Team

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Hi,

Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip

Source release checksum(s):
apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip sha1: 46a49ea9baf862d1ca31a98a7d4e188c1ad1b7ac

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/maven-3.1.1/

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks,

The Maven Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 8 September 2013 18:51, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2013, at 1:12 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought you were going to include the SCM coordinates used to create
>> the tarballs?
>>

> Sorry, not intentional. I forgot.
>
>> It's particularly important here, because AFAICT the SCM coordinates
>> are not present in the POM.
>> If true, then it's not possible to verify the files in the source tarballs.
>>

> I hash is always in the distribution, it's how we show where it comes from when you type "mvn -v". It's in the build properties in the core JAR and the hash in there is:
>
> c9950d777c7368e51431500c29aecf1e11e3d2c6

Not exactly easy to find!

In order to actually find the sources that correspond with the hash,
additional information is needed, which also needs to be in the vote
e-mail.

>> Also, AFAIK, the PMC agreed to include hashes of the tarballs in vote e-mails?

According to [1], the vote email should have the following contents:

====
Source release checksum(s):
[NAME-OF]-source-release.zip sha1: [SHA1SUM] md5: [MD5SUM]
====

[1] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html#Call_the_vote

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 September 2013 20:56, Stephen Connolly
<st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 September 2013 18:51, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 8, 2013, at 1:12 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I thought you were going to include the SCM coordinates used to create
>> > the tarballs?
>> >

>> Sorry, not intentional. I forgot.
>>
>> > It's particularly important here, because AFAICT the SCM coordinates
>> > are not present in the POM.
>> > If true, then it's not possible to verify the files in the source
>> tarballs.
>> >

>> I hash is always in the distribution, it's how we show where it comes from
>> when you type "mvn -v". It's in the build properties in the core JAR and
>> the hash in there is:
>>
>> c9950d777c7368e51431500c29aecf1e11e3d2c6
>>

> Is that the SHA1 of the src.zip and src.tar.gz or is it the SHA1 of the git
> commit.
>
> What we are looking for on the vote emails is the SHA1 and MD5 of the
> src.zip and src.tar.gz so that interested parties can verify that the vote
> was against the source distribution that ends up in dist and central. Since
> the staging repository is deleted as part of the release process, and since
> what the PMC is voting on is the source bundles, we need the vote email to
> specify the hashes of the source bundle *for the record*...

+1, especially "for the record"

> Of course this is really easy to do as Maven helpfully uploads the hashes
> to the staging repository, but since "it didn't happen if it wasn't on a
> mailing list" (stephenc rolls his eyes) we need the release manager to
> ensure that the vote has this required information.

+1, especially "idhiiwoaml"

> Note: The commit hash is really nice to have, but is not part of the
> minimum set of required information, and we are trying to stick to minimum
> procedure. So we don't look for that *even* if other people think we should.

Part of the due diligence that should be performed by the reviewers is
to check that the source archives only contain files with the
appropriate licensing.
By far the easiest way to do this is to compare the source archive(s)
with the SCM tag, since it is assumed that due diligence has been
performed on the SCM contents.

This is critical information and needs to be readily available to the
reviewer, and "for the record" needs to be in the vote e-mail.
Otherwise "it did not happen on the mailing list".

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Sure, I can remake the email, but the binaries are fine. I made a little tool for myself and I'll just use the template from the website.

The SHA1 I took was for the release which is the value that's interpolated into the build.properties.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
On Sep 8, 2013, at 1:12 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought you were going to include the SCM coordinates used to create
> the tarballs?

Sorry, not intentional. I forgot.

> It's particularly important here, because AFAICT the SCM coordinates
> are not present in the POM.
> If true, then it's not possible to verify the files in the source tarballs.

I hash is always in the distribution, it's how we show where it comes from when you type "mvn -v". It's in the build properties in the core JAR and the hash in there is:

c9950d777c7368e51431500c29aecf1e11e3d2c6

> Also, AFAIK, the PMC agreed to include hashes of the tarballs in vote e-mails?
>
> On 8 September 2013 14:07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>
>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>
>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The Maven Team

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

[VOTE CANCELLED] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
We found issues with the release so it's cancel. I'll look into the issue Tamas pointed out and the issue Igor found with workspace dependency resolution as a result of trying to port m2e to 3.1.x.

I'll try to fix these issues over the weekend and roll another release.

On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>
> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>
> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Maven Team

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
Did you/can you check the contents of the bad jars ?

Kristian

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Does 3.1.0 not display this behaviour?

On Sep 25, 2013, at 6:41 PM, jieryn <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>
> I can not definitively say that this is because of Apache Maven 3.1.1,
> but I'm seeing something strange with builds since using it widely.
> I'm seeing errors of the type:
>
> Archive for required library:
> '$HOME/.m2/repository/$GROUPID/$ARTIFACTID/$VERSION/$FINALNAME.jar' in
> project 'test' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file
>
> Where I've replaced the real contents with standard $variables,
> because it is happening for many artifacts. I use Apache Archiva
> 1.4-M4, but nothing has changed on that side. The only other variable
> I can conceive is that sometimes I am fetching all artifacts through
> the corporate Apache Archiva, and other times directly from Maven
> central.
>
> Any ideas?

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sep 10, 2013, at 10:11 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:58 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Which as I have argued all along is insufficient.
>> - the vote email does not have vital information "for the record"
>> - indeed in the case of this vote, neither the vote e-mail nor the
>> source archive (on which people are supposed to be voting) has the
>> information.
>>
>> I note that no-one who has voted so far has stated that the contents
>> of the source archives are all present and correct and that no files
>> are missing from the release and more importantly that there are no
>> files in the source archive that should not be there.
>>
>> IMO this is the most important part of the release vote, along with
>> the N&L contents.
>
> Get the PMC to agree and put it in the template and I'll use what's in the template.

Which the PMC has already discussed and decided it was not needed.   Sebb's opinion on this is respected, but it's still not something we, as the PMC, feel is required.   The commits list is monitored

If Sebb feels that strongly about it, he can take it up with the board or something, but for the purpose of this community, it's not something that is required.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10 September 2013 15:11, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:58 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It is supposed to be the SHA1 of the release from which the build was made.

>>> Well, I'm going to leave it out for now. I'll do what's strictly in the template here:
>>>
>>> http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html#Call_the_vote
>>
>> Which as I have argued all along is insufficient.
>> - the vote email does not have vital information "for the record"
>> - indeed in the case of this vote, neither the vote e-mail nor the
>> source archive (on which people are supposed to be voting) has the
>> information.
>>
>> I note that no-one who has voted so far has stated that the contents
>> of the source archives are all present and correct and that no files
>> are missing from the release and more importantly that there are no
>> files in the source archive that should not be there.
>>
>> IMO this is the most important part of the release vote, along with
>> the N&L contents.
>
> Get the PMC to agree and put it in the template and I'll use what's in the template.

>>> It doesn't look correct, it appears to take the parent commit. This has probably been
>>> the case for quite some time, in that the "mvn -v" command doesn't actually tell you
>>> what commit it came from. I don't know if it's generally wrong, but this this case
>>> c9950d777c7368e51431500c29aecf1e11e3d2c6 is the parent of
>>
>> Where did you get the above hash from?
>> It does not seem to be the same as the one in the binary archive I downloaded.
>>

> There's the argument for automation!

It's actually an argument for quoting the hash in the vote e-mail and
for people to actually check it.

I find it strange that none of the reviewers noticed the problem.
That suggests to me that none of the reviewers are actually interested
in doing due diligence on the source archive contents.

> I didn't open up the JAR from the checked out build. So this is probably the best way right now and you've verified the right hash is available from the build itself so that's probably what you need.

No, as I already wrote, that is not suitable.

Voting is on source archives; it's no good having the hash buried away
in an indirectly related binary archive.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:58 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 September 2013 14:23, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 10, 2013, at 7:53 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just realised that you said the hash is in the maven core jar.
>>> That is a binary artifact, and has no direct relationship with the
>>> source artifact on which people are supposed to be voting.
>>>

>> It is supposed to be the SHA1 of the release from which the build was made.
>>
>>> I don't think it's possible to tie the SCM tag to this vote thread
>>> "for the record" without the hash (and git repo) being provided in
>>> this e-mail.
>>>

>> Well, I'm going to leave it out for now. I'll do what's strictly in the template here:
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html#Call_the_vote
>
> Which as I have argued all along is insufficient.
> - the vote email does not have vital information "for the record"
> - indeed in the case of this vote, neither the vote e-mail nor the
> source archive (on which people are supposed to be voting) has the
> information.
>
> I note that no-one who has voted so far has stated that the contents
> of the source archives are all present and correct and that no files
> are missing from the release and more importantly that there are no
> files in the source archive that should not be there.
>
> IMO this is the most important part of the release vote, along with
> the N&L contents.

Get the PMC to agree and put it in the template and I'll use what's in the template.

>>> Also, I don't think the quoted hash is correct.
>>>

>> It doesn't look correct, it appears to take the parent commit. This has probably been
>> the case for quite some time, in that the "mvn -v" command doesn't actually tell you
>> what commit it came from. I don't know if it's generally wrong, but this this case
>> c9950d777c7368e51431500c29aecf1e11e3d2c6 is the parent of
>
> Where did you get the above hash from?
> It does not seem to be the same as the one in the binary archive I downloaded.

There's the argument for automation! I didn't open up the JAR from the checked out build. So this is probably the best way right now and you've verified the right hash is available from the build itself so that's probably what you need.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
On Sep 10, 2013, at 7:53 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just realised that you said the hash is in the maven core jar.
> That is a binary artifact, and has no direct relationship with the
> source artifact on which people are supposed to be voting.

It is supposed to be the SHA1 of the release from which the build was made.

> I don't think it's possible to tie the SCM tag to this vote thread
> "for the record" without the hash (and git repo) being provided in
> this e-mail.

Well, I'm going to leave it out for now. I'll do what's strictly in the template here:

http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html#Call_the_vote

> Also, I don't think the quoted hash is correct.

It doesn't look correct, it appears to take the parent commit. This has probably been the case for quite some time, in that the "mvn -v" command doesn't actually tell you what commit it came from. I don't know if it's generally wrong, but this this case c9950d777c7368e51431500c29aecf1e11e3d2c6 is the parent of 892b464683645bcdc1d28febf0bf3cc1c3181350 which is the SHA1 for the release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
+1 [non-binding]

Tested with
* appassembler-maven-plugin (trunk: r18705)

* maven-invoker-plugin (trunk: r1521365),

* iterator-maven-plugin (git: 07ddf1a6a8fe4b60dbb84ce944c3a4f7828bff3e
https://github.com/khmarbaise/iterator-maven-plugin),

* several of my own projects worked like a charm.

On 9/8/13 3:07 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>
> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>
> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Maven Team

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
On Sep 13, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Assuming that we need another vote, it is worth waiting to include Wagon 2.5 due to WAGON-381.

No, I would prefer to do another release and only fix what's necessary here. I'd still like to get to the point where we can do push button, mostly automated releases. To get there we need to release more often. There's one issue that Tamas pointed out that needs to be fixed, and we've discovered another issue in m2e while trying to make it use 3.1.x. So I'd like to focus on those issues and release again.

> I wouldn't upgrade the Install Plugin yet. First the Deploy Plugin should be released as well, so the installAtEnd and deployAtEnd chain is complete. With only the installAtEnd we can expect confusion.
>
> Robert
>
> Op Fri, 13 Sep 2013 07:59:58 +0200 schreef Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>:
>
>> Just a thought that comes to mind.
>>
>> I see just as this vote was raised a new maven-install-plugin was released, and a vote is also underway for an updated wagon release.
>>
>> Is it worth updating the default versions of plugins etc. to use these along with the 3.1.1 release?
>>

>> On 9/09/2013, at 1:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>>
>>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>>
>>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> The Maven Team
>>>

>> -- Mark Derricutt ( mark@talios.com )
>> — twitter: https://twitter.com/talios
>> — podcast: http://www.illegalargument.com
>> — blog: http://www.theoryinpractice.net
>> — google+: http://gplus.to/talios

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Right o, thanks.

On Sep 12, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> This should now be fixed on master.   Feel free to cancel this vote and respin the builds.
>
> Thanks!
> Dan
>

> On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> -1
>>
>> The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and LICENSE files.   This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't have time today to look into that, but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.
>>
>> Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things look OK.
>>
>> I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.    There are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes, and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are specific to our scm and thus don't need to be in the source release.
>>
>> Most likely, the doap_Maven.rdf shouldn't be part of the release either.  Probalby shouldn't be in the main maven git repo.   Definitely not a big deal.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>>
>>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>>
>>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> The Maven Team
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

> Daniel Kulp

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This should now be fixed on master.   Feel free to cancel this vote and respin the builds.

Thanks!
Dan

On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> -1
>
> The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and LICENSE files.   This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't have time today to look into that, but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.
>
> Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things look OK.
>
> I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.    There are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes, and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are specific to our scm and thus don't need to be in the source release.
>
> Most likely, the doap_Maven.rdf shouldn't be part of the release either.  Probalby shouldn't be in the main maven git repo.   Definitely not a big deal.
>
> Dan
>

> On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>
>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>
>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The Maven Team
>>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 10 September 2013 17:16, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 September 2013 16:33, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > -1
> >
> > The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and
> LICENSE files.   This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That
> definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't have time today to look into that,
> but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.
> >
> > Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things
> look OK.
> >
> > I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.
>    There are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release
> (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes, and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes),
> but those files really are specific to our scm and thus don't need to be in
> the source release.
>
> OK, so is it necessary to check the release against the tag?
> Or is that just your personal take on what a reviewer should do?
>
> If it is necessary (for at least one reviewer) to do, then the SCM
> coordinates need to be provided in a transparent manner so any
> reviewer can do it, and the coordinates need to be part of the vote
> e-mail "for the public record".

The source bundle contains the root pom which contains the SCM coordinates.

The email contains the hash of the source bundle, and the source bundle is
what we release.

In this PMC's opinion there is no need to add more information to the email.

RE: Plugin testing release for 3.1.1

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
> Manfred
>
> if there is a problem is on the Apache side you should be able to make the
> change wheres the hangup

I am not a committer so I have no way to do anything. Maybe I should
become one..

manfred

RE: Plugin testing release for 3.1.1

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Manfred

if there is a problem is on the Apache side you should be able to make the change

wheres the hangup

?
Martin

Posted by Tanveer Ahmad <ta...@st-patricks.ac.uk>.
I am looking for how to run a Mahout project on Maven, or how to run a Mahout project for clustering textual data. Can anyone help please?

Regards,

Tanveer Ahmad

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
Seemingly it does.. a release together with the 3.1.1 release of Maven
would be great.

manfred

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
I will if it takes 60 days to create a Git repo.

On Sep 19, 2013, at 4:47 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Maybe can be release from svn.
>
> On 13 September 2013 14:05, Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> With the 3.1.1 release of Maven coming up hopefully soon I would like to
>> move forward with the plugin testing harness using it as well. Jason fixed
>> it to work with 3.0 and requested the repo to be moved from svn to git so
>> he can release 2.2 over a month ago.
>>
>> It seems like nothing happen on the infra side of things. Can somebody
>> take this up and get it done asap. Or could I get some sort of access
>> (maybe through the committer school) to do it myself at Apache?
>>
>> Worst case I could of course just temporarily fork it into my namespace
>> and use it in the android maven plugin but I would rather not waste my
>> time on that.
>>
>> manfred

> Olivier Lamy
> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: Plugin testing release for 3.1.1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Maybe can be release from svn.

On 13 September 2013 14:05, Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With the 3.1.1 release of Maven coming up hopefully soon I would like to
> move forward with the plugin testing harness using it as well. Jason fixed
> it to work with 3.0 and requested the repo to be moved from svn to git so
> he can release 2.2 over a month ago.
>
> It seems like nothing happen on the infra side of things. Can somebody
> take this up and get it done asap. Or could I get some sort of access
> (maybe through the committer school) to do it myself at Apache?
>
> Worst case I could of course just temporarily fork it into my namespace
> and use it in the android maven plugin but I would rather not waste my
> time on that.
>
> manfred

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Plugin testing release for 3.1.1

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
-1 for the same reason as Dan and Arnaud, though found no regression.

Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
-1 due to the issue found by Dan about Notice and License files
Otherwise I tested it on various projects and found no regressions

Cheers

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding) tested on Apache Mahout trunk
>
> Kind regards,
> Stevo Slavic.
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> > LICENSE files.   This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That
> > definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't have time today to look into that,
> > but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

> > look OK.

> > OK.    There are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the
> > release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes, and
> > /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are
> specific
> > to our scm and thus don't need to be in the source release.
> > >
> > > OK, so is it necessary to check the release against the tag?
> >
> > That's one way, sure.
> >
> > Personally, I log the trunk/master/branch, find the appropriate commit
> for
> > "prepare release maven-3.1.1", check that out, then diff that with the
> src
> > tar ball as well as diff that with the tag to make sure all three match
> up.
> >  Likely not necessary with git where the tag would apply directly to that
> > commit, but with subversion, it is certainly possible that the three
> don't
> > match and the diffs make sure to check that.    If any of the three diffs
> > find differences, it's an immediate red-flag for further review and
> likely
> > require a -1 on the vote until resolved.
> >
> > > Or is that just your personal take on what a reviewer should do?
> >
> > A reviewer should do whatever they feel is necessary to do a thorough
> > review.
> >
> > > If it is necessary (for at least one reviewer) to do, then the SCM
> > > coordinates need to be provided in a transparent manner so any
> > > reviewer can do it, and the coordinates need to be part of the vote
> > > e-mail "for the public record".
> >
> > No, each reviewer should do what they feel is appropriate for them.   If
> > every reviewer did the exact same thing, we'd get the exact same result
> > from each of them.  Some reviewers may checkout the tag, others may troll
> > back master, others may do something completely different.
> >

> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 September 2013 18:20, Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The point is:
>> the N&L files should be at the top-level of SCM.
>> That is because SCM URLs are published, so the readers need to know
>> the what the license conditions are.
>>

> For the License when you are reading some code hosted on apache.org I think
> nobody should have a doubt about it.

Not all code included in our SCM is necessarily AL-licensed.
Obviously it has to be AL-compatible so the project as a whole is AL,
but parts can be non-AL.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14 September 2013 11:19, Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net> wrote:
> Le 13 sept. 2013 19:00, "sebb" <se...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> libs)
> always

>> > Wasn't it explained that SCM is actually a convenience, and that only
> the
>> > released source tarballs would actually matter here?
>>
>> It's not the case that SCM is only a convenience; the SCM locations
>> are published to end-users on the web-site and in the POMs.
>>
>> And the SCM is anyway public.
>
> Well, according to this thread
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/201308.mbox/%3CCA+nPnMwE=ON4AfAmFq3dvnpMdcsKt0u3G=RYvQWiZsmL=EAHrw@mail.gmail.com%3E

That thread was about including the SCM details in the VOTE e-mail.

> and Stephen's answer, that was my understanding and I don't remember
> someone pointing to somewhere at apache docs stating this is actually wrong.

>> > In this case, Arnaud's point about only adding them at build time is
> really
>> > valid here.
>>
>> Not sure what you are referring to here, but the build is not relevant
>> to this discussion.
>
> Once again, in the above linked thread, my readings make me think there
> were already answers from pmc that you would then have to "agree to
> disagree" on this point.
> And this is also the understanding I have from last Arnaud's answer above.

There is a thread active currently on legal-discuss; at least one of
the ASF legal types thinks that SCM trees should have N&L files.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/201308.mbox/%3CCA+nPnMwE=ON4AfAmFq3dvnpMdcsKt0u3G=RYvQWiZsmL=EAHrw@mail.gmail.com%3Eand

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sep 10, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> What do you think happened? Is this a change in the remote resources plugin?

No…. in the old releases, they were named LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt (txt extension) which is not how the RR plugin would have ever generated them.  This is a source archive and thus the generated LICENSE/NOTICE is likely not applicable (as that would have information about the binary jars and such that aren't included in the source archive).

Dan

> On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> -1
>>
>> The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and LICENSE files.   This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't have time today to look into that, but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.
>>
>> Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things look OK.
>>
>> I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.    There are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes, and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are specific to our scm and thus don't need to be in the source release.
>>
>> Most likely, the doap_Maven.rdf shouldn't be part of the release either.  Probalby shouldn't be in the main maven git repo.   Definitely not a big deal.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>>
>>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>>
>>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> The Maven Team
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
What do you think happened? Is this a change in the remote resources plugin?

On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> -1
>
> The src.tar.gz and src.zip files have lost their top level NOTICE and LICENSE files.   This is a regression from 3.1.0 (and 3.0.5).   That definitely needs to be fixed.  I don't have time today to look into that, but might tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.
>
> Ran a couple builds with the result of building the source and things look OK.
>
> I checked the rest of the contents with the tag and everything looks OK.    There are three files in the git repo that aren't part of the release (/.gitignore, /.gitattributes, and /apache-maven/src/bin/.gitattributes), but those files really are specific to our scm and thus don't need to be in the source release.
>
> Most likely, the doap_Maven.rdf shouldn't be part of the release either.  Probalby shouldn't be in the main maven git repo.   Definitely not a big deal.
>
> Dan
>

> On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>
>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>
>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The Maven Team
>>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
-1

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
+1 (non-binding) - tested releases against our OSGi based setup using maven-bundle-plugin, my own coffeescript mojos and others.

Nothing glaringly out of order for me.

--
Mark Derricutt — twitter — podcast — blog — google+

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Core ITs are all blue again, there was a resolution failure but seems to be spurious and the jdk7 build is ok again.

On Sep 17, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> I'm going to do the re-roll in 30 minutes.
>
> On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>
>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>
>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The Maven Team
>>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
I'm going to do the re-roll in 30 minutes.

On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>
> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>
> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Maven Team

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Awesome, thanks.

On Sep 9, 2013, at 3:19 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding), tested with extra-enforcer-rules, testlink-junit and
> jenkinsci-jobConfigHistory-plugin.
> Regards Mirko
> --
> http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/
> https://bitbucket.org/mfriedenhagen/
>

> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is a link to Jira with 6 issues resolved:
>> https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=18968
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/
>>
>> The distributable binaries and sources for testing can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/
>>
>> Specifically the zip, tarball, and source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-016/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.1.1/apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The Maven Team

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 3.1.1

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 09:07:33 -0400
Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> wrote:

+1 (none-binding)

works fine for some mojo projects + nuiton.org and chorem.org projects.

thanks,

tony.

--
Tony Chemit