Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JOSHUA WHITE <jo...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/11/06 22:03:06 UTC

This code works in Tomcat & Sun One 7 Appsvr but not WLS 8.1

This is a little frustrating!  Any help would be appreciated.

Following code works in Tomcat & Sun One 7 Appserver but not in WLS 8.1.

<bean:write name="SomeFormBean" property="someProperty" scope="session"/>
<bean:define name="SomeFormBean" id="propertyThatCausesProblems" type="java.lang.String" property="someProperty" scope="session" toScope="page" />
<logic:equal name="SomeOtherBean" property="someOtherProperty" value="<%=propertyThatCausesProblems%>">
</logic:equal>

The first line works in all environments and demonstrates that the form bean is there and that the property is not null.  (No problem here)
The next line, I define a page scoped variable (I have tried omitting the toSocpe attribute all togeather as well).  No errors are generated from this line.

An error gets generated from the third line.  The error message explains that the "propertyThatCausesProblems" is not defined.

If I sneek a line between lines two and three which defines a string named "propertyThatCausesProblems", the problem goes away.

I am not sure what to do here.  It seem as though the bean:define tag does not every create a variable (Only when deployed on WLS 8.1).

Any ideas?

Regards,

Joshua

deprecated?

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com>.
I was doing some i18n pages and realized that locale is/will? be deprecated
soon.  The spec provides an alternativ, which is the 'lang' attr, "since struts
1.2".  But I am using struct 1.1 right now, so what's the best option for me?

Kind of confusing, if you ask me.  Since the lastest stable release is 1.1.0...

Thanks!

Re: This code works in Tomcat & Sun One 7 Appsvr but not WLS 8.1

Posted by Joshua White <jo...@sbcglobal.net>.
Is there a patch number or other information you could provide me with?

Thanks,

Joshua

Bj�rn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no> wrote:
This is a bug in WLS 8.1 which is going to be fixed in SP 2.. Meanwhile
a patch is available from BEA...

BTJ

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.