Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Richard Tang <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 02:28:33 UTC

[Announcement] DELI: Yet another secondary index on HBase

Hi,

We would like to announce DELI, a research prototype for secondary index on
HBase. DELI is research work from Syracuse University with collaboration
from Georgia Tech and IBM Research.

DELI currently supports global indexing on HBase, but generally applicable
to any NoSQL that uses LSM tree for persistence. The code is shared on
github:

https://github.com/tristartom/nosql-indexing

DELI stands for "DEferred Lightweight Indexing". The following design makes
it unique:

- follow the log-structured design that all writes must be append-only.
- couple the *index-base-table sync-up with compaction*.

Details can be found in the following research paper published in CCGrid
2015:

http://tristartom.github.io/docs/ccgrid15.pdf

We are grateful for the HBase community, and any comments/suggestions are
appreciated.

Yuzhe (Richard) Tang
Syracuse University

Re: [Announcement] DELI: Yet another secondary index on HBase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thank you for posting this interesting study Yuzhe Tang,
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.