Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2020/02/19 08:20:56 UTC

Time for a first Apache release?

Hi all,

since our last release is now roughly three months ago, I guess it's time to
discuss if we're ready for our first Apache release.

Are there any issues or features you'd like to complete before the next
release? From my side, it's mainly the dashboard.

Besides that, there are some licensing issues we should take care of before
the first release, but which shouldn't take that long:

-        check 3rd party libraries in the UI source and add the proper
license headers

-        check streampipes-measurement-units and how to handle licenses of
the used vocabularies

-        extent the LICENSE/LICENSE-binary files with the UI dependencies

-        clarify how to handle the streampipes-empire-rdf-dependency, which
is still published under org.streampipes coordinates.

So what do you think? Should we try for a first Apache release by the end of
the month?

Dominik

Re: Time for a first Apache release?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Dominik,

I agree that this would be great ... after all ... incubation is about learning to release stuff. Nothing helps better than actually doing it.
If you need help in the process, just ask. I would prefer to stay in the background as helpful mentor for your first 1-2 releases as I have
noticed when I do the first releases, the learning curve is sort of not as it is supposed to be.

Perhaps the release documentation I just updated recently for PLC4X can be helpful:
http://plc4x.apache.org/developers/release/release.html

Chris