Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2001/11/18 18:14:04 UTC

vhosts directory

I was wondering if anyone had taken a close look at the state of the
vhosts documentation any time recently. It seems that the files in there
contain a fair quantity of duplicated information, and I'm wondering if
there was any consensus about what we could do about it.

Specifically, details.html, details_1_2.html, vhosts-in-depth.html
appear to be the same document at different times in its life.

host.html, virtual-host.html appear to be the same document, while
index.html contains a lot of the same information.

Thoughts? Should I just tackle it and see what I come up with? (Don't
worry, I'll send in recommendations before I start deleting documents!)
:-)

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -

RE: vhosts directory

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]

> I was wondering if anyone had taken a close look at the state of the
> vhosts documentation any time recently. It seems that the files in there
> contain a fair quantity of duplicated information, and I'm wondering if
> there was any consensus about what we could do about it.

I did this cleanup in httpd-2.0.  You can take a look at the difference
between that and 1.3.  There are no functional changes in vhosts (other than
IPv6 which is undocumented at the moment), so any difference is my best
attempt at a cleanup.

When I did 2.0, I just figured that the old docs in 1.3 wheren't doing
anyone any harm.  They aren't linked anywhere.  But I won't object to you
deleting them.

Joshua.