Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "J. B. Rainsberger" <jb...@rogers.com> on 2004/06/07 14:23:21 UTC

D'oh! but more (Re: site:deploy with different user?)

J. B. Rainsberger wrote:

> I am still searching the archives for an answer, but...
>
> When I invoke the site:deploy task, Maven tries to upload files to my
> ISP using my Windows username, which is different from my ISP username.
> How do I change the username that my ssh command uses? Is there a
> property for this?
>
> Thanks.

OK, now that I'm more awake, I can see that there is the global username
property "maven.username". Now I have a problem:

I need different usernames to connect to CVS and my ISP. I can't use
"maven.username" for both. What can I do?

Thanks.
--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services

Re: D'oh! but more (Re: site:deploy with different user?)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
cvs is controlled by pom.repositoryConnection, so you can change that to
whatever suits. I usually use ${user.name} as my local user matches the
remote.
anything using the deploy plugin (site, jar) uses maven.username for ssh
anything using the newer artifact plugin (war, ear) uses a whole new set
of properties for the various deployment mechanisms (refer to the
artifact site).

- Brett