Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2002/12/03 12:16:22 UTC

Re: [VOTE] New Development Direction

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:36:53AM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Avalon 5
> --------
> New development/clean slate.  We leverage our experience with
> lifecycle interfaces to provide a starting point, but we do
> not limit ourselves to that alone.  We can clean up the cruft,
> but we must supply a "Compatibility JAR" to allow easy migration
> from Avalon 4.1 to Avalon 5.  We can also shorten the package
> names (minor, but sometimes helpful).  It also helps us unify
> on a new product.

	+1. I think now is a good time to do the above. Since we are
	embarking on a fresh container effort, the time feels right (IMO) to
	re-evaluate the contracts under which it runs.

> Implied in either action is that the existing containers continue
> to live their lives until the new container is complete.

	+1. Glad you made that point.

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: