Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/10/19 03:39:01 UTC

[eve] Integration plans

Hi,

For the upcoming ApacheCon we're trying to get a version of Eve up and
running in SEDA with Kerberos.  Namely Trustin, Enrique and I have some
work to do that needs to be integrated before we're there.  Here's the
current plan:

Trustin:
    1). add UDP support to SEDA before radically changing it
Enrique:
    1). finalize Kerberos provider for SEDA for both UDP and TCP based
operations
    2). complete LDAP based backend for Kerberos
Alex:
    1). finish LDAP provider for SEDA
    2). finish Eve backend JNDI provider

By finish we're taking about getting something operational enough so we
can demo it.  Over the next few months we can iron out all the minor
details.

Now I'mk thinking we need to finish these tasks by the end of this month
so we have a week or two for the integration work.  That means we got a
couple weeks max to finish.  WDYT?  Is this possible?

Cheers,
Alex

Re: [eve] Integration plans

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Great will do I'll try to be as accessible as possible.
Alex

Re: [eve] Integration plans

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Enrique,

I think you should stick to the path of making the Kerberos server
interoperable with OpenLDAP.  This is good in several respects.  We want
to support OpenLDAP as much as possible as a related open souce LDAP
server effort.  Hence we want to interoperate with it and those that use
is already.  Plus several people will want to deploy the Kerberos server
in a stand alone configuration without Eve in the picture so OpenLDAP is
an excellent option.

Plus once you've written the JNDI code we should only have to swap the
JNDI povider, especially since all the schema's and operational
behaviors will be exactly like that of OpenLDAP.

Alex

Re: [eve] Integration plans

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@25oz.com>.

Re: [eve] Integration plans

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
what we call human nature in actually is human habit