Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/23 10:22:21 UTC

High Availability for an application running on yarn

Can someone let me know what is the recommended way to ensure high
availability for a yarn application?

For example, let say I have 3 physical nodes. The yarn java application
needs 3 containers and each physical node has enough resources to hold 3
yarn containers. What is the recommended way to ensure that all the
containers do not land upon the same physical node thereby becoming SPOF?

Re: Re: High Availability for an application running on yarn

Posted by Malcolm McFarland <mm...@cavulus.com>.
I think you can use the reservation system in Hadoop 2.8.x as well:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.8.5/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ReservationSystem.html

Cheers,
Malcolm McFarland
Cavulus

This correspondence is from HealthPlanCRM, LLC, d/b/a Cavulus. Any
unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this message is prohibited. The information contained in this
message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.

Posted by xyf <xy...@163.com>.
You can use Placements Constraints(https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r3.1.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/PlacementConstraints.html) or set yarn.scheduler.capacity.per-node-heartbeat.maximum-container-assignments to 1 if you RM config with capacityscheduler.

The same has been posted in StackOverflow but did not get any response there also. Anyone any thoughts on this ?

Posted by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com>.