Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/20 18:39:31 UTC

Re: Executors no longer inherit environment variables from the agent

FYI, from Mesos 1.0, the executors will no longer inherit environment
variables from the agent by default. If you have environment environment
variables that you want to pass in to executors, please use `--
executor_environment_variables` flag on the agent.

commit ce4b3056164a804bea52810173dbd7a418d12641
Author: Gilbert Song <so...@gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Jun 19 16:01:10 2016 -0700

    Forbid the executor to inherit from slave environment.

    Review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/44498/

- Jie

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Zhitao,

Any environment variables generated by Mesos (i.e., MESOS_, LIBPROCESS_)
> will not be affected

Yes.

 explicitly call this out in UPGRADES.md

Working on it.

- Jie

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Zhitao,

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jie,

Can you confirm that your previous response of `Any environment variables
generated by Mesos (i.e., MESOS_, LIBPROCESS_) will not be affected.` will

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: Executors no longer inherit environment variables from the agent

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jie,

--
Cheers,