Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mark Rollins <ma...@computer.org> on 2009/03/06 11:07:54 UTC

Queue has messages, but consumer won't take them.

I'm running an application which uses a VB/C++ client to push messages into
an ActiveMQ 5.1 queue, and these are then consumed by a Java web application
using JMS.

This seems to work well most of the time, however I have a situation now
whereby the ActiveMQ admin application is reporting 12 messages in the queue
but these have not been taken by the Java web app. New messages can be added
OK - however nothing is consumed.

I've restarted all services but to no avail. This has happened before and I
ended up purging the queue, restarting everytyhing and it was all OK.

As a newbie, I'm at a loss where to turn next. I clearly need to get to the
point where it is 100% reliable, which it isn't currently.