Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Peschier J. (Jeroen)" <j....@nedasco.nl> on 2006/04/13 14:30:13 UTC

Overriding ${user.home} from profile

I need to set ${user.home} to a different location based on profile. In
the profile below ${username} and ${password} propagate to the POM.
However, ${user.home} is not propagated with the value specified in the
profile. It keeps resolving to the home directory of the user running M2
instead of C:\some\path.

Relevant fragment from my settings.xml:

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>default</id>
      <properties>
        <username>foo</username>
	  <password>bar</password>
	  <user.home>C:\some\path</user.home>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>default</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

Should it work this way?

Re: Overriding ${user.home} from profile

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peschier,

I believe ${user.home} is a property propagated from the JRE, rather than
from maven. More than that - something looks "fishy" in such a use-case,
where you want to override the user's home dir....perhaps if you could
elaborate on your use case we can think of a better solution?