Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/26 10:21:48 UTC

The "latest" tag of IoTDB docker image has moved to "0.9.1-jre8"

Hi,

Julian reported that there were some issues in our docker image with tag
"0.9.1" [1] (though I did not reproduce any issues).
And, he provided a fixed version [2]. I tried the fixed version and it
works also well. Therefore, I uploaded it to docker hub tag with
"0.9.1-jre8" [3].

To avoid others occur the same issue that Julian occurred,
I moved the "latest" tag from "0.9.1" to "0.9.1-jre8".

[1]
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/iotdb/0.9.1/images/sha256-f695c422723cd0abc42ed0cd50a792307ca16ded319de2a77c410ef12341d85e?context=explore
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/commit/cbc9376681c151f9aa10c5dcc1672426c2e78e1d
[3]
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/iotdb/0.9.1-jre8/images/sha256-5dfc5a8303bfe5221e8b80f33002eb85b1d4b7b93a040f2934900b125ea0e501?context=explore

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University
Apache IoTDB PPMC

Re: The "latest" tag of IoTDB docker image has moved to "0.9.1-jre8"

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

thats totally fine and how it should be done : )

Julian

Am 27.04.20, 09:24 schrieb "Dawei Liu" <at...@163.com>:

    Hi,
    Sorry to Julian and Xiangdong,
    As the v0.9.2 is released now, I think we need to move the "latest" tag to this version.

    Let me know if there is any other issues.

    Thanks
    ---
    Dawei Liu

    On 04/26/2020 21:37,Xiangdong Huang<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Justin,

    Thanks for reminding me.
    Yes according to the definition, the docker image is a kind of
    "compiled-package".

    Best,
    -----------------------------------
    Xiangdong Huang
    School of Software, Tsinghua University

    黄向东
    清华大学 软件学院

    Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年4月26日周日 下午9:15写道:

    HI,

    The docker image is made by the released binary file [1]. Even so, do we
    still need a vote?

    Well it depends on what you changed and where else you put it [1][2][3][4]

    Thanks,
    Justin

    1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-definition
    2. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
    3. https://infra.apache.org/release-distribution#public-distribution
    4. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#compiled-packages

Re: The "latest" tag of IoTDB docker image has moved to "0.9.1-jre8"

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

The docker image is made by the released binary file [1]. Even so, do we
still need a vote?

[1]
https://www-us.apache.org/dist/incubator/iotdb/0.9.1-incubating/apache-iotdb-0.9.1-incubating-bin.zip

Best,