Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pe...@comsat.com on 2001/02/02 21:55:44 UTC

How to unpack .WAR file?

I download the sample servlets program for Tomcat from java tutorial website.
But it is a
tut-bookstore-tomcat.war, a .war file.

How can I unpack this war file and take a look of source code?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: How to unpack .WAR file?

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
Peter.Pan@comsat.com wrote:

> I download the sample servlets program for Tomcat from java tutorial website.
> But it is a
> tut-bookstore-tomcat.war, a .war file.
>
> How can I unpack this war file and take a look of source code?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

just use jar,

jar xf filename.war

Re: How to unpack .WAR file?

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
jar -xvf  tut-bookstore-tomcat.war

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 Peter.Pan@comsat.com wrote:

> I download the sample servlets program for Tomcat from java tutorial website.
> But it is a
> tut-bookstore-tomcat.war, a .war file.
>
> How can I unpack this war file and take a look of source code?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/