Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Vamsi Krishna <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/21 20:02:35 UTC

Any known issues with Phoenix Schema feature

Hi,

We tried to use HBase namespace feature with Phoenix and we see there is an
issue with creating LOCAL Indexes when we use HBase namespace.

We are planning on using Phoenix Schema feature in our application.
If someone has already tried it and seen any issues with 'schema' feature,
could you please let us know.

Cluster info: HDP 2.3

Thanks,
Vamsi Attluri

--
Vamsi Attluri

Re: Any known issues with Phoenix Schema feature

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Vamsi,
Phoenix currently only supports the default HBase namespace
(see PHOENIX-1966), but as far as I recall, there's been some work (over at
Yahoo! I believe) to have a Phoenix schema map to an HBase namespace.

Can anyone out there update us on this?

Thanks,
James