Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sandeep Dixit <sd...@ohioedge.com> on 2003/04/14 20:56:14 UTC

Integrating ViewController with JetSpeed

I have built a J2ee framework (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/j2eebuilder) based on J2EE patterns suggested by Sun. To summarize its request handling, a request is first handled by ServletFilters (defined in web.xml) and then by a ViewController servlet. This servlet retrieves component (upon which action is to be performed) and action from the URL and then fetches the detail information from an XML schema file. It then executes the action (as detailed in the XML schema file) on the component. It then sets the component change information (& result messages) in the user's session and passes the control to a Layout jsp.

My question is how do I integrate this framework with JetSpeed? To see this framework in action see my open source CRM application Ohioedge CRM at http://www.ohioedge.net (login as guest11/guest11). As you will see, there are multiple windows (would be portlets) that would share the component change information stored in the session as explained above.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandeep

---