Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stéphane De Jonghe <sd...@atermon.com> on 2001/09/04 11:13:01 UTC

Accessing domain in a servlet from the SlideRealm

Hi Sliders,

I would like to know how to access the domain object in a servlet (for a
directory browsing) when I initialize it directly from Tomcat using the
slidewrapper and configuring the server.xml file to use SlideRealm
instead of TomCat Realm
I 'm using Catalina 4b7 and Slide 1.0.14.

Thanks,

Stef

Re: Accessing domain in a servlet from the SlideRealm

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Stéphane De Jonghe wrote:

> Hi Sliders,
>
> I would like to know how to access the domain object in a servlet (for a
> directory browsing) when I initialize it directly from Tomcat using the
> slidewrapper and configuring the server.xml file to use SlideRealm
> instead of TomCat Realm
> I 'm using Catalina 4b7 and Slide 1.0.14.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stef

Domain has static methods, you can do:
            token = Domain.accessNamespace(new SecurityToken(this),
namespaceName);
            Structure structure = token.getStructureHelper();

It's also a good idea to only have one copy of the slide jars installed,
remove the slide jars from the slide\WEB-INF\lib when you have copied them
to common/lib

Dirk