Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Johannes Echterhoff <Jo...@gmx.de> on 2005/09/06 13:44:51 UTC

Child to add is from another document

Hi.
I just tried to put the contents of one document into the any-element of
another document. I got following error:

org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.DomImpl$WrongDocumentErr: Child to add is
from another document
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.DomImpl._node_insertBefore(DomImpl.java:1756)
    at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj$NodeXobj.insertBefore(Xobj.java:2459)
    at test.XMLBeansANYTest.main(XMLBeansANYTest.java:56)

The programs main-code looks like this:

        AMTargetConfigurationDocument atcd = null;
        try {
            atcd = AMTargetConfigurationDocument.Factory.newInstance();
            AMTargetConfiguration atc = atcd.addNewAMTargetConfiguration();
            Node configNode = atc.getDomNode();

            AXISConnectorConfigDocument accd =
AXISConnectorConfigDocument.Factory.newInstance();
            AXISConnectorConfigType acct = accd.addNewAXISConnectorConfig();

            configNode.insertBefore(acct.getDomNode(),null);

        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        System.out.println(atcd.toString());

The schema for AMTargetConfiguration looks like this:

<xs:element name="AMTargetConfiguration">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:any processContents="skip"/>
            </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

I had a look at docs/guide/conHandlingAny.html but still do not get the
clue. Can someone please tell me what this error means and how to solve it?

Regards,
    Johannes Echterhoff