Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by G man <gm...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/24 03:14:39 UTC

Cassandra 1.0.9 Performance

Hi All,

We are running a 1.0.9 cluster with 3 nodes (RF=3) serving a load of
approximately 600GB, and since I am fairly new to Cassandra, I'd like to
compare notes with other people running a cluster of similar size (perhaps
not in the amount of data, but the number of nodes).

Does anyone have CPU/memory/network graphs (e.g. Cacti) over the last 1-2
months they are willing to share of their Cassandra database nodes?

Just trying to compare our patterns with others to see if they are "normal".

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cassandra 1.0.9 Performance

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> serving a load of approximately 600GB
is that 600GB in the cluster or 600GB per node ?
In pre 1.2 days we recommend around 300GB to 500GB per node with spinning disks and 1Gbe networking. It's a soft rule of thumb not a hard rule. Above that size repair and replacing a failed node can take a long time.

> Does anyone have CPU/memory/network graphs (e.g. Cacti) over the last 1-2 months they are willing to share of their Cassandra database nodes?
If you can share yours and any specific concerns you may have we may be able to help.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand