Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Anshul Ghogre <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/11 06:16:36 UTC

Difference between NiFi and Talend.

Hello,

Greetings.

I have a question, what Nifi can do which Talend can't?

I searched it all over the Google but din't find any thing concrete.
Kindly help me with answer of this question.

Thank you!

Regards,
Anshul Ghogre
Jr. Data Scientist
RandomTrees
+91-9739691698

Re: Difference between NiFi and Talend.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree with Joe.

And not sure it makes sense to compare apache projects and commercial products.

Further more, Talend also has different product lines.

Regards
JB

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
One major advantage is that NiFi is open source. When we run into issues
where NiFi doesn't do what we want, it's a simple job of just patching the
processor that needs a new feature and ship off the patch on GitHub.
There's no begging and pleading with a vendor to make NiFi do that one
thing you need it to do that it currently doesn't.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello