Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by ma...@bestweb.net on 2010/03/13 14:55:13 UTC

slist, binary?

Question:
What are slist & binary used for?

Thanks

RE: slist, binary?

Posted by Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>.
slist is a silly meta-type that's used for the generation of a REST-style PHP server. It means the data type is a string of comma-separated primitive values. The generated handler will break apart the string by exploding on commas before passing to the application.

This is the type of thing that ought to have been an annotation, not a special type. If we'd had the generic annotation system around at the time this was written, would have certain used it, but it was a bit of a quick-hack if I remember correctly.

I'd support deprecating/fixing it now, since having it available as a type just causes confusion.

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
"binary" is a byte array.