Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Rathore, Amit Singh (STSD)" <ra...@hp.com> on 2006/07/23 13:04:26 UTC

Attachments Expert - Queries for you

Hi People,
Has anyone really experienced in using SOAP attachments.

I have a few queries for him/her:
1) When I add attachments to my SOAP message, documents are attached as
reference or the whole content of the document is added in the SOAP
messsage (attached as value)?
2) If attached as value, what should be the considerable size of the
attachment?
3) If the documents are attached as reference, how to download or upload
them? What about their serialization, security?
4) What are the disadvantages of using Attachments?
5) Can attachments be used for download and upload of documents?
6) It would be great, if anyone can give me some links to read about
attachments with sample code? I am not looking out for SOAP attachment
specification link :-).
7) Which version of Axis is best for Attachments?

Thanks in advance.

--
Amit Singh Rathore

Re: Attachments Expert - Queries for you

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Start here
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-mtom/

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Dan-
Out of band attachments had no security with DIME
Ditto on suggestion to upgrade to MTOM

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Upgrade to MTOM.

Posted by Daniel Beland <dc...@gmail.com>.