Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Fisher, Michael (IT)" <Mi...@gs.com> on 2006/05/15 17:59:02 UTC

[M2] New surefire release breaks ${version}??

Hello,

It looks like the new surefire release (2.2) has broken the externalization
of the pom.xml <version> element. Can anybody else confirm?

We are getting the following errors:

required artifacts missing:
  org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-api:jar:8.9.2

for the artifact:
  dummy:dummy:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  [ our internal maven proxy repositories ]

Path to dependency:
        1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
        2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.0
        3) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-api:jar:8.9.2

Why is the surefire-api looking for the version I specified in my pom?

Running mavan as such:  mvn test -Dversion=8.9.2

With a pom.xml as:

<version>${version}</version>

Thanks,
Mike